View Single Post

Old 12-31-2016, 11:44 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I will always make the divide 1984 - 1995 and 2000 - 2016. What came after 2005 fits perfectly in the world of the watered down pop sound Crush brought on. It's not the big rock album everyone seems to mistake it for, it was super poppy. More organic instrumentation and a more natural drum sound though. Heck, the Shanks era was a RETURN to bigger sounding guitars if anything. The problem is the album tracks starting getting indistinguishable from each other.

Completely agree. The 1984-95/96 era of albums can be grouped together and flow very nicely. I always thought this since I really dug deep into the past albums by the end of 2001. By that time Crush seemed out of place even then. Every album after that flows seamlessly in terms of tone/quality (Obviously none of them sound the same).

I never mark the split between the pre/post Shanks eras. I doubt history would have changed much had the band never used him. Have a Nice Day sounded like a more back-to-basics album than it's two effects-driven predecessors in terms of being more organic-sounding.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.