View Single Post

Old 09-19-2019, 09:39 PM
Posting everyday

Nah, it's just that you've been jumping constantly from one extreme to the other in the last three years. One day Jon remotely screeched himself to a note and we were almost back to 2011 standards, the next day Jon was done for good.

And I agree with Thierry - these renditions were maybe better than others on the tour, but still mediocre at best. I personally don't get why people desperately try to depict every performance in order to find that one halfway bearable rendition in there. Especially since, in this case, it's always about Bed of Roses / These Days / Always / Saturday Night (with a long analysis of each detail). We have 20 years of beautiful, breathtaking renditions of these, why should one waste his breath on rewatching the current ones, knowing that it won't be the same again anyway.

I know you came late to the party and basically really became a fan when even their Indian summer had ended and desperately want to live some of this as well, but Jon's days of a good live singer have gone. You can still hope on something interesting in the studio though.