View Single Post

Old 12-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
They might not have had much influence but from all accounts I've heard the same amount of influence they had on HAND and THE CIRCLE (Talking strictly Dave and Tico). The narrative that Jon recorded these albums with ghost musicians is constant silly talk.
On WAN, I wouldn't put it past them that Tico isn't featured on all tracks. Jon told the story that in December of 2011, Tico had declined to play on tracks because he wanted a break. Later on, it was known that WAN had essentially been finished before Richie did Aftermath of the Lowdown. AOTL leaked in what, June 2012? That CBS Person to Person special aired in March 2012 and there you could see Jon singing to the finished track of What About Now. So it really narrows it down to a limited time frame. Of course, Tico could've done his work on the album within 2 days by drumming his pieces. But we've had a track as far back as on These Days where Tico and Dave actually didn't play on.
On that album, there certainly was the least influence by any band members bar Jon, of that I'm sure. Some of the tracks have so random drum playing (but then again, even TILTIL sounds like a drum machine to me) that it's hard to decipher whether it was all Tico or not.