View Single Post

Old 12-09-2019, 03:16 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
On WAN, I wouldn't put it past them that Tico isn't featured on all tracks. Jon told the story that in December of 2011, Tico had declined to play on tracks because he wanted a break. Later on, it was known that WAN had essentially been finished before Richie did Aftermath of the Lowdown. AOTL leaked in what, June 2012? That CBS Person to Person special aired in March 2012 and there you could see Jon singing to the finished track of What About Now. So it really narrows it down to a limited time frame. Of course, Tico could've done his work on the album within 2 days by drumming his pieces. But we've had a track as far back as on These Days where Tico and Dave actually didn't play on.
On that album, there certainly was the least influence by any band members bar Jon, of that I'm sure. Some of the tracks have so random drum playing (but then again, even TILTIL sounds like a drum machine to me) that it's hard to decipher whether it was all Tico or not.
True but there's a big difference between Jon doing keyboards/the song not having a drum track and session musicians taking the place of the band. I think HAND, The Circle, some stuff on LH and some songs on WAN were all recorded with drums and keys last so Tico and David did their parts over a few days. That's something completely different then the band not playing on it. It's a band, just recorded in a piecemeal way devoid of any soul or interaction.

I would love to break down who played what on what.