View Single Post

Old 12-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
True but there's a big difference between Jon doing keyboards/the song not having a drum track and session musicians taking the place of the band. I think HAND, The Circle, some stuff on LH and some songs on WAN were all recorded with drums and keys last so Tico and David did their parts over a few days. That's something completely different then the band not playing on it. It's a band, just recorded in a piecemeal way devoid of any soul or interaction.

I would love to break down who played what on what.
It's true that these tracks were recorded last, at least on HAND it's confirmed that Tico and Hugh came in and played their parts within 2 days (was somewhere in the EPK).

With WAN, Jon's words (about the discussion with Tico) were, if I recall: "Ok, then we'll just work with any drummer we can find around." Of course that was done for the demos, but it made me curious whether all parts were truly later replaced by Tico or not. Some of the drumming sounds so random that it's really hard to tell. There's a difference between Jon saying that they'll use a drum machine until Tico comes in or him saying that they'll look for some other drummer to play until Tico feels ready to return. It also once again how urgent it must've been for Jon to get record done.