View Single Post

Old 10-24-2018, 02:58 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

He gets a chance to let it rip during Keep The Faith every night and he still sounds like ass with his pointless noodling. I'm not denying he's a great guitar player, but so is Phil X yet every single guitar solo he does sounds off. It's why I don't understand why people are insisting he could deliver in the studio. His style of playing doesn't fit the Bon Jovi sound but then again, the entire band doesn't sound like Bon Jovi anymore so what's the point, really? These guys have yet to come up with something memorable.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
In the context of new material, I'll take it. His KTF solo lacks energy but as far as new songs in the studio, Fingerprints shows he can play bluesy solos not far off from Richie's framework. Live classics, absolutely, keep him away.

If the band is going to continue I'd rather it be as something new but it's not like they're going to drop 2/3s of the setlist.