View Single Post

Old 10-10-2019, 02:59 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
If WAN had come out in 2014 or 2015, it could have been a better album. So many good song ideas with awful execution and horrible production. Pictures of You and I'm With You should have been huge songs, but end up a mess with the bad production. I think is the worst job from Shanks.
Agree.

I think I must've had my cup of tea spiked yesterday as I listened to LH, WAN & THINFS all the way through while at work.

WAN still stands out to me as the "potentially" the my fav album out of those 3 (minus about 5 songs) but whole album sounds rushed (not to mention poor production). Even the pauses in songs aren't long enough (example Room at the edge of the world - theres a couple of places where the pause needs to be a second longer but isnt).

THINFS - Wasn't as bad as I feared. Still not a fan of most it. Scars...is the worst song on the album which is ironic as it has the best title. Devil in Temple is let down by lack of guitars which is odd considering how it starts. That song needs a killer solo and killer outro.
Oddly I found myself singing away to Come on up to our House on the way when I was listening it in car on way to gym.

But the production lets 99% of these songs down. Thanks Shanks.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo