Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 12-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Price of posting

Jon Bon Jovi once said about Because We Can before launch, that he didn't see that song as a commercial mainstream single. Watch out.

next great renaissance? That would be great, because everything already feels very boring.

But let's not forget that Irving Azoff (co-founder of the parent company of Pollstar, Oak View Group) is behind all this.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 12-08-2019 at 04:22 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 04:25 PM
Posting everyday

Not judging anything before we had the chance to listen to it, but this kind of talking has been there before every album launch. It's called doing PR

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2019, 04:54 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
Jon Bon Jovi — Legacy, Evolution & Bigger Than Ever: The Pollstar Interview

https://www.pollstar.com/article/jon...terview-142930
mmmm.

Pollster: We’re closing out the decade, as you know, heading into 2020. Of all the touring artists in the world, you finished No. 5 for the decade, with $868.8 million grossed and 8.78 million tickets sold. When you look back at this decade from not only a touring but, a career standpoint, as well, do you feel like you’re doing some good work?

JBJ: Oh, yeah. Had I worked harder on the road, we would have been even higher on the top 10, because we could, we just chose not to. And, again, you know like I know, I didn’t expect the Richie debacle to have happened, so that threw a wrench in the works. So we accomplished all of this with one arm tied behind my back, so it’s all good. It’s all good. It’s better than all good.

That’s a good quote right there, “It’s better than all good.” With Richie, I think the fans would prefer to see him out there with you. I would.

So would I.

Still, to get through it and still maintain that level of business, it says a lot. The power of the songs, the power of your persona. You say you could have worked harder, you work pretty hard.

Yeah, yeah, yeah but, this would have gone on without any one of the individual members of the band but, when it was all together it was wonderful. It wouldn’t be fair to Tico or David or to me, to have let it falter because of Richie’s … problems, his issues. So there was no way that I was going to ... the name of the band is Bon Jovi, it’s not anything else. This isn’t a band that is dependent on the guitar player like Van Halen or U2 or something, it was about the songs and it was about me. We got it. I wish he was here, too, because we were a formidable duo. Our voices were the magic and he’s a great guy and all that kind of stuff but his choices have led him astray.

Well, what are you gonna do, man?

What are you gonna do?

---------------

I still have mixed feelings with this. If Jon hadn't pushed Richie in those years to do another 100-concert tour per year, and instead put this 3 years model of tour, then Richie would be still on the ship. Maybe Richie made bad decisions, but leaving the tour, I don't think it was one of them, because that was pushed by Jon, and that's where I'm not comfortable with his point of view. Jon, you made bad decisions by pushing Richie and the boys on another tour again, and that had consequences that have not been repaired today.

However Jon does not admit that he is wrong, and dares to point Richie on the wrong side.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 12-08-2019 at 05:47 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 05:46 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

This narrative he's created that Bobby was only there in case Richie didn't show just doesn't jive well.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jack27

It would seem the title Phil teased with (LIABD) as his favourite is the song mentioned in the interview “Beautiful Drug” - presumably “Love is a beautiful drug” or “life is a beautiful drug”
Old 12-08-2019, 06:57 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
This narrative he's created that Bobby was only there in case Richie didn't show just doesn't jive well.
I'd be willing to bet Jon (or a staff member) picked that line up from a discussion on this board or some other fansite they probably monitor. There was a pretty lengthy discussion here after someone suggested that exact scenario before it ever came up in any of Jon's press statements, and when he did include it, what he said was close enough to what was said here that I remember thinking, "Hmmm... somebody's been reading the board."
Old 12-08-2019, 09:32 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
I'd be willing to bet Jon (or a staff member) picked that line up from a discussion on this board or some other fansite they probably monitor. There was a pretty lengthy discussion here after someone suggested that exact scenario before it ever came up in any of Jon's press statements, and when he did include it, what he said was close enough to what was said here that I remember thinking, "Hmmm... somebody's been reading the board."
This was around two months ago I think when Captain_jovi had made an almost identical post.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:42 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
This was around two months ago I think when Captain_jovi had made an almost identical post.
You mean my response? Or the discussion about Bobby? If it's the latter I'm referring to shortly after Richie left (relatively speaking).
Old 12-08-2019, 10:09 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
mmmm.

Pollster: We’re closing out the decade, as you know, heading into 2020. Of all the touring artists in the world, you finished No. 5 for the decade, with $868.8 million grossed and 8.78 million tickets sold. When you look back at this decade from not only a touring but, a career standpoint, as well, do you feel like you’re doing some good work?

JBJ: Oh, yeah. Had I worked harder on the road, we would have been even higher on the top 10, because we could, we just chose not to. And, again, you know like I know, I didn’t expect the Richie debacle to have happened, so that threw a wrench in the works. So we accomplished all of this with one arm tied behind my back, so it’s all good. It’s all good. It’s better than all good.

That’s a good quote right there, “It’s better than all good.” With Richie, I think the fans would prefer to see him out there with you. I would.

So would I.

Still, to get through it and still maintain that level of business, it says a lot. The power of the songs, the power of your persona. You say you could have worked harder, you work pretty hard.

Yeah, yeah, yeah but, this would have gone on without any one of the individual members of the band but, when it was all together it was wonderful. It wouldn’t be fair to Tico or David or to me, to have let it falter because of Richie’s … problems, his issues. So there was no way that I was going to ... the name of the band is Bon Jovi, it’s not anything else. This isn’t a band that is dependent on the guitar player like Van Halen or U2 or something, it was about the songs and it was about me. We got it. I wish he was here, too, because we were a formidable duo. Our voices were the magic and he’s a great guy and all that kind of stuff but his choices have led him astray.

Well, what are you gonna do, man?

What are you gonna do?

---------------

I still have mixed feelings with this. If Jon hadn't pushed Richie in those years to do another 100-concert tour per year, and instead put this 3 years model of tour, then Richie would be still on the ship. Maybe Richie made bad decisions, but leaving the tour, I don't think it was one of them, because that was pushed by Jon, and that's where I'm not comfortable with his point of view. Jon, you made bad decisions by pushing Richie and the boys on another tour again, and that had consequences that have not been repaired today.

However Jon does not admit that he is wrong, and dares to point Richie on the wrong side.

Agree, Jbj wanted the football team and released and toured wan when (it seemingly looked like) no one else fancied it. I doubt anyone else from band played on WAN or had any influence on it at least.
The WAN tour broke Richie. He just wanted a Jovi time out and I get that after LH, TC and GH2 were released in 3 years of each other then WAN followed so soon.

Jbj blames Richie but he is as much to blame as anyone for making Richie break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 12-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Posting everyday

I don't any decision in Jon's life has ever backfired on him as much as wanting to push the release of WAN and the subsequent tour in order to buy his football team.

He lost Richie, his voice, they almost lost Tico and quite a chunk of their fanbase as well.

Tags
2020 (album)