View Single Post

Old 04-04-2020, 06:17 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
I don't think it was like that. I have a fresh memory of those days, there was strong criticism from the fans. Even John Shanks said something like.. don't worry, the album have lots of solos. But it was a Brazilian boy doing a solo that changed the course.

Bon Jovi - We weren't Born to Follow - Solo by Rafael Luz - YouTube

Two weeks later that interview with Richie was published (I think it was Music Radar) saying that he recorded a killer guitar solo, a "Monster", which suspiciously resembles that of this boy.

After 11 years, we still have the same problem, not guitar solo. Richie is gone so we can't blame him this time.
Agreed. It wasn't intended originally. We, by now, all know how much the CEO dreads proper guitar solos on his records. Richie stated that he played a Beatle-esque kind of "solo" on the original one since this was the mood he was in that day. Then he went to Hawaii to get in shape for the promo/tour cycle when Jon called him up and told him that the fans went mad about there not being a solo and that he had to come to the studio to do one. He also added that it was the second take he laid down that got used for the final version and you can actually slightly hear that it was put it afterwards.