View Single Post

Old 04-04-2020, 08:03 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
If you believe everything they tell you, sure. Not saying you're wrong, but me - I'm skeptical. It's an easy way to get fans excited. Maybe the idea came after, who knows.

Besides, when else have they ever listened to what the fans wanted!? Well, since the Pizza Parlour days anyways.

And I always thought the solo that the fan did was way better than the one that ended up on the record!
Oh believe me - I don't Just as I don't buy things like Jon saying that All Hail The King was about some guy at the Soul Kitchen and he teared up and had to stop the song live because of him. That one was about Richie.

The reason I think it's true is that Bon Jovi have been brutally uncreative when it came to selling the first single for at least two decades. That's why I also don't think rolo's theory of them "wasting" the weak single for Bon Jovi 2020 so that they'd have the strong one for the album's release. It's always been more or less the same scheme with regards to this. And seeing what was to come after, the current single, Shanks' story about Jon wanting to dismiss Phil's solo etc., it was just the watered-down way he's been going ever since.

And I agree with you - the solo from the fan was far cooler!