View Single Post

Old 04-08-2020, 04:01 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
It seems that, unless someone dies, there's no valid excuse for you to delay the album? They've delayed albums for multiple and less important reasons in the past.

It's most likely the label who can't put promo on it, produce and distribute physical copies as of now and, in case of the tour having to be cancelled and tickets being refunded, couldn't even count those.

And with some of his band members, no matter if it's Tico, Hugh or Shanks allegedly being ill, it's obvious why Jon currently doesn't turn the world around in order to have it published at any cost.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
It's not about recovery. It doesn't matter if they've recovered, it's about passing the disease to someone whose immune system can't take it. Until this is all over with, groups of 5 or more can't gather (depending on the legalities of the region)

I'm falling into the "don't put it out now" camp but also the "how are people finding a way to blame Jon about this" camp.

You can't put out an album when so many stores or closed are have limited employees and capacity limits. You're forcing people to go to the store on what, I'm sorry to say, is a non essential trip. You can't release something on digital to an audience that has a lot of people who still buy CDs. It's a big lose/lose situation even with as badly as we want the new music.

Personally I think they should put out a digital EP with a few songs that didn't make the record and one or two that did to help bridge the gap.
I can buy what a member is affected, but, the tour would start on June 10, it has nothing to do with the release of the album.

The rest I do not buy, since other artists will release their album in May and June.

It is strange that Jon says that he is going to delay the album, because tickets are still sold for his shows, and his album is still announced as May 15. I suppose they have not taken any actions yet, so perhaps this displacement of dates is Because Alicia Keys releases her new album on May 15th, and that is bad for Bon Jovi. Maybe they prefer to move the album for that reason, and not for the coronavirus.