View Single Post

Old 07-14-2020, 07:31 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
And it's become underwhelming to say the least. I get the idea and intention (also the one that would only cause backlash here) behind it, but it's starting to feel bland because they're musically (from what we've heard thus far) all pretty boring and I have a feeling that Lower The Flag will go in the same direction. Even half a week after its release, I still couldn't even humm American Reckoning since nothing of that song sticks in my head.
Exactly!!! All elements that go into making a song good to great have been removed. Singing in higher keys, note changes, hooks, melody.

When it comes to songs like this, the right chorus is needed and should contain some , if not all, the above. Something to grab you.

Think of a song like Weeding Day. The song is pretty bland until Jon hits the bridge and goes up a few notes and finishes the final verse in a higher key. In my opinion, that's the deal breaker and had always been Jon's thing. He somehow forgot that amongst many other factors that made him stand out from the rest.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 07-14-2020 at 07:43 PM..