View Single Post

Old 08-08-2020, 06:01 PM
The Distance

I'm sorry but Jon is just so far removed from what he used to be, I think he's done.

The whole socially conscience themed content rubbed me the wrong way from day 1. If I have to hear that 2020 is an election year one more time, I'm gonna puke.

1. I don't care which way he leans politically, now is not the time for an album like this. His goal is to get people to lean a certain way for the election which is why people are going to hate him for it and all he's doing is sucking the asses of the media. Just like his Stephen Colbert interview a few years back. If there is a time to distance yourself from politics, it's now Jon!!!

2. Sure, Bounce was a socially conscience album about 911 but we were all united as a country back then. All this shit is going to do is divide people more.

3. Yes, Jon has gone down this road before but back then the lyrics were so brilliantly written, it wasn't blatantly obvious and you had to think about what he was talking about. "I believe, with every breath that I breathe, you and me can turn a whisper to a scream" not "Chicken Coops" and all this over shit he comes up with.

4. "There is a song about Stormy Daniels"!!! Who gives a ****!!! Just because Jon has a hard on for Trump over that Footballs team, nobody wants to hear a ****ing song about Stormy Daniels.

5. Jon needs to get back to his roots and just write a fun mixed album with some slower ballads, some rockers, and just guitar strumming happy songs. I want Jannie Don't Take Your Love To Town part 2... He's just overly serious and it's just destroying his music.

6. He needs to spend more time in the studio vocally. Maybe hire someone who really understands his voice that can maximize it in a studio. His voice on Unbroken and American Reckoning in combination with them being sang in one note with speeds slower than a turtle, make them unlistenable. And then add in certain lyrics... It's just all so bad.

7. He needs to pend more time creating melodies, intros, hooks, etc... Instead of leaving it all to Shanks.

8. Shanks and Phil combined can't not fulfill the creative chemistry that Richie had so Jon should hire a real guitar player who could.

- Get a guy like Jeff Beck
- Hire some girls to do some backing vocals.
- Get someone in like he did with Elton or Little Richard to do backing vocals.
- Have Tico beat the shit out of a drum