View Single Post

Old 08-09-2020, 05:02 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Point one, I agree with, although I'm not exactly sure about "eclipsing" him (which may be a translation error on my part). I'd be more likely to say "without opposition" or maybe "without sharing the spotlight". Not sure if either of those are close to what you meant.

The rest, not so much. If enough fans had reacted by asking for refunds or not buying tickets, I can see how that may have given Jon pause IF he had been primarily responsible for Richie not being there. It also could have drawn Richie back in, IF he had left because he felt unappreciated. But without knowing the reason for the split, I don't see the justification for it.

I don't think the fans turning on Richie did anybody any favors; but I don't see how boycotting the tour, or later projects, would benefit anyone either. If people had chosen not to support the band without Richie because they don't like the band without him, that's one thing. Or if they stop buying albums because they don't like the music anymore. But to stop supporting a band you can still enjoy, just to prove a point or to change a situation, doesn't make sense to me. Nor does refusing to support a fill-in on principle. I don't see any reason to take it out on Phil-X, just because he's not Richie.

Life goes on.

100% agree with you Jackie. Plus, where is the artistic integrity in fans dictating the musical direction. Don't record companies put enough pressure on the artists as it is. I do understand the plight of wanting your favorite band to make the music you like but to say that they must make music only to please me seems unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk