View Single Post

Old 08-09-2020, 08:13 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
The point is, if you constantly complain about their shows, and their new songs, because it's always the same, the only way to change course is in the face of a sales failure, it was always like that.

What I mean is that supporting an album because there are one or two songs ok is a mistake, since we will be locked in an infinite cycle. I don't want to dictate anything to anyone, I just give my opinion: don't support this album if the 4 songs don't convince you. It's idiotic to buy and support a tour/album simply because it's ... BON JOVI (a brand).
The problem comes down to two simple questions: what do you want from an artist and what can you ask of an artist?

I for one would would take an artist putting his heart and his all into a project, wheter I like the outcome or not (like with TLFR), over an artist just trying to please his audience any time. It's not up to you to force an artist into a specific direction, the artist should move in the direction he wants to or gravitates to.

In the past, we used to complain about Jon being in the latter camp, and now that he's seemed to move more into the former, i.e. just making the music he wants to, without chasing fads or the hit that won't come again, you're complaining as well.

As someone just said a couple of posts ago: you gotta pick a side!