View Single Post

Old 09-20-2020, 10:44 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
The entire band seemed that way. Even Everette was a little less bouncy then normal. And I can't speak for the other performances but Deb did and said they were all off.
At least Everett did still look like he was having a great time. And Phil X tried to make the effort to look like he was into it. It was just Jon that really felt off to be honest.

I watched it again looking for positives as I thought my initial dissapointment might have made me overlook the rest of it.

The band sounded good. Phil X's vocals were definitley up in the mix. I'm not sure if I like that or not. To be honest it kinda made me miss Richie's vocals even more. Though generally the BVs and harmonies were good.

Wanted with a guitarless Jon is still weird to me.

Tico is still cool as hell.

I couldn't really tell how the keyboard guy did as the keys were so low in the mix for the most part.

The audience noise definitely added to the awkwardness. What a terrible idea.

Jon's vocals were definitely doctored.

Not sure if it's just because I haven't listened to any live band stuff from the current line up for a while now, but I felt that Phil was performing the guitar parts much closer to the original versions. I think on tour he sometimes kinda goes off on his own tangents in places. Maybe it's because it was a TV show. I'm not a Shanks fan, but i enjoyed his solo in Bad Name. In many ways I feel that his playing style can be closer to Richie's than Phil's when he makes the effort and doesn't just fall back on the Killers/U2 guitar sounds.

Limitless does nothing for me live at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Again, the AMAs were a different show and they only performed one song each so STOP COMPARING.
Same principle though. Bands performing to no audience (which is what Jon is blaming his performance on). No flat performances there...

Last edited by Thinny; 09-20-2020 at 10:47 PM..