View Single Post

Old 02-25-2021, 01:09 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'll stand by my 4 to 6 (AVERAGE).

Even though Hallelujah was a cover, it was officially released so I have 4 for Lost Highway

WAN had 5 if you include Burn With Me or 4 official (With These 2 hands, Echo, Not Running, Old Habits)

TC/GH combo got 5

And yes, I'm including the Prerelease for HAND.

Crush, Bounce, THINFS were 6 plus each

I guess I'm arguing 2 points:

One, is that bonus tracks are something we have been accustom to for the past 20 years regardless of how we got them. Most were official and a couple were leaked.

Two, we didn't need to rely on an 80 dollar subscription to just get one song.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk
I think the biggest problem here is your usage of the term "bonus track" keeps contradicting itself. A bonus track in the usage we're all used to is the extra tracks on albums to encourage people to buy from their own territories or to make a sale more enticing. It sounds like you're using it to mean "Songs from the same sessions" hence why I didn't think 4-6 on average is the case. Though if we're talking about un-released songs from the studio sessions Hallelujah has no place in this argument.

There's nothing wrong with getting used to the way thing are but, again, the cd singles and b-sides and physical media is being phased out and pretty rapidly. That's where a majority of this stuff came from. Which is a big reason I thought THINFS was such a treat with so many bonus tracks. I wish it'd happen again.