View Single Post

Old 03-14-2019, 11:16 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Maybe not in the US, but releasing physical singles was still very much a thing in UK, Europe, Japan and Australia. I think they sold largly to the fan base though (for the B-sides) and the bigger hits were boosted by some radio play.

Everyday was a top 5 hit in England and got a decent amount of play, but the average person won't remember it. For that matter, the same goes for Say It Isn't So and One Wild Night which were top 10 hits. Even All About Loving You was a top 10, but Misunderstand did nothing.

Both Have A Nice Day and Who Says were top 10 singles too (Who Says actually made the top 5), but again I'm not really sure if anyone outside of the fan base remembers those songs? Hits, sure, but not in the same league as the 80's and 90's stuff.

Everything from Lost Highway bombed over here, and that was pretty much the end of the commercial single releases here and the band barely charted in the singles chart since then.

As far as the general public is concerned in England, the last song that they remember is It's My Life. Sad but true....
How do you know that's the last song they remember? Did you take a poll recently?

There are a lot of songs that become forgotten over time... I'll shuffle through a bands catalog and get that "yes, I do remember this song" after a few listens..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk