View Single Post

Old 08-30-2019, 03:28 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
I'm just wondering whether it's possible to be a truly humble, honest, laid-back rock/pop star, especially when you're a band leader. They all seem to share the same unhealthy personality traits Their determination to achieve success because they crave it SO MUCH seems to be the driving force most people don't give a crap about. So yeah, we shouldn't be surprised so few bands stand the test of time.
The public pressure and the rising attention when falling/raising from and to stardom has pretty much affected all of them in one way or another. Many of the frontmen are actually very introverted in terms of going all-out on stage and being rather neurotic, silent and lost in their thoughts off the stage (Springsteen, Jon, the lead singers from Bounce, Kissin' Dynamite, Toten Hosen etc.). That's only where I know it from knowing these people or from them or their band mates talking about it.

But maybe they're actually all suffering from a bipolar disorder? I can surely tick off some boxes if I searched for it on wikipedia.