View Single Post

Old 09-09-2019, 03:08 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
Agree. One of the reasons I rate Lost Highway very highly of the era since HAND - it's the only record not inspired by politics AT ALL. It was inspired in big by personal heartbreaks in the band and I really think that inspires the band to write better lyrics. THINFS of course is also very personally inspired but in a different way and there were still social themes.

When BJ abandoned relationship songs (almost completely) after LH something simply got lost that was a big part of Jovi for me. I just can't care for lyrics like Working Man, WWBTF, BWC, Whats Left of Me, WAN etc.
I mean HAND would have started that trend. Wildflower, Last Cigarette and maybe Novocaine are the only ones that touch on that. I noticed they followed a one off one on trend for a bit. Bounce had a lot of love songs, HAND had very little, LH had 'em, The Circle had nothin, WAN had plenty etc.