View Single Post

Old 09-12-2019, 10:37 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Well, I think some tricks work for him. We Don't Run seems like a very compelling song, especially his voice, like WWYDF or WWWU, so Jon can still deliver something powerful if he proposes it.
I think the evidence is clear that JBJ cannot deliver something powerful, let alone something even bearable to listen to. His live performances over the last five years prove that definitively. I do agree that there is some studio ****ery that can be used to make him sound, not even bearable, but really good! Hence, why I'm sure I will like some or most of the record. However, I know it is all lies and he can't actually deliver the songs and that just sucks all of the magic out of it.

It would be like if somebody created a technology that really accurately mimicked a person's voice and used it to create a new Elvis Presley album in 2020. Would I listen to it? Yeah. Might I like some of the songs? Yeah. Is it the same as listening to an actual Elvis song? Nah, because it isn't real. And ironically enough, Jon summed it up perfectly in Last Man Standing.
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days