View Single Post

Old 10-26-2019, 03:53 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonboy25 View Post
INCOMING RANT

Not gonna lie, I'm very disappointed in the negativity associated with this upcoming album in the forum. I understand Bon Jovi isnt what they used to be, and yes his vocals have turned to shit live. But, the main man, is capable of writing a good song.

Look at this from his point of view, I imagine from 2003 onwards Jon was starting to realize his vocals were going down hill, he wasn't able to hit some notes like he used to. I think that's why have a nice day was the last power rock/pop album they did. And turned to a more adult contemporary type of band.

I think some of the songs from the circle are phenomenal! Live before you die would be up there with some of the these days songs imo, not vocally, but composing wise. I agree with WAN being rushed, not too fond on that album. Burning bridges (although an outtake album) is a great album, showing a different side to bon jovi rather than the big choruses. Thinfs was an improvement compared to WAN imo.

I have no issue with people complaining about released material, but to complain about the whole next album when you've heard only 30sec of a song, is f$%&$&* ludicrous. It pisses me off, to see so much negativity from "fans" who use this site. Create a new thread if you wanna complain about an album you've only heard a 30 sec snippet of, so the fans who are actually looking forward to what jon has to offer aren't reading this bs.
I agree with about half of this post, but I always say - if someone's criticism of the things you like affects your own satisfaction of the product (in this case, Bon Jovi), then it's your problem and no one else's. Nobody should be silenced because a fan of something cannot handle others being critical.