View Single Post

Old 11-04-2019, 10:31 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Oh I had almost forgotten about Beautiful Day, your favourite
What makes it more striking is that, in the past, Jon could sing the cheesiest lyrics in the world in such a way that you pumped your fist in the air and belted your lungs out. When recited, it doesn't work that well. And the song is more of reciting than singing which, of course, could've been done on purpose.
Something about it puts me off, but I can't say what exactly. For example, I love Not Running Anymore, another example of an "unexciting approach", but something doesn't work with this one for me.
Not Running Anymore is really boring, but in the mark 3:24 of the song break that monotony and raise it.
Is for this that, Not Running is better than The Fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokenrola View Post
I dont see BJ lyrics as lazy and cheesy and KF and TD are great example. Rare is not the right word. Even SWW nad NY have great lyrics,every album pretty much but TD is top of their songwritings. I only find one song that way BWC,for me the worst single and lyrics.
KTF and TD is from the last century, but neither is it shakespeare. In These Arms is not a great song for its lyrics. TD could be those rare exceptions as I said.

I am very clear what Bon Jovi is, one of his strongest points was energy and passionate delivery. That is missing. Well, and also Sambora.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 11-04-2019 at 10:57 PM..