View Single Post

Old 11-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I was watching something about Bon Jovi the other day on YouTube. When it was over, the next video in line auto started which was some fan club thing that his brother Matt was promoting... I wasn't watching at this point and was only half listening... Jon's brother Matt talks exactly like Jon to the point of me thinking it was Jon... I was like "what the hell is Jon talking about" went over to the computer and saw it was Matt... Even the laugh is almost identical.

My point to all this is, you can kinda use Matt's speaking voice as a gauge to judge Jon's speaking voice...

I know it sounds weird and maybe a bit of a stretch but Matt's speaking voices is a little rougher than Jon's and he didn't abuse his voice for 35 years. Jon's speaking voice is probably what it should naturally sound like for a guy pushing 60.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Yep. Jon pretty much made a pact with the devil in order to have success, meaning that he always pushed up to (and past) 100% of what he was capable of in the studio. Even back in 1992 and 1994, when he had to "live to track" promo performances in the original key of the song, he was noteably out of his comfort zone. There's a reason why their live shows got downtuned already when he was in his 20's. He's literally abused it to the point of no return.
And to add to the point of Matt sounding like Jon: Go to the 7 minute mark in this video where they talk about his problems on the SWW and NJ tours.
His father's voice sounds almost exactly like Tico! So from a genetic point of view - that's where it'll take him. In a few years it'll literally be impossible for him to even get near the requiured notes of 80% of the Jovi catalogue.