View Single Post

Old 07-09-2020, 03:02 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD32 View Post
Yeah Joey and right side of wrong aren’t really in the same category as dry county. I can’t really seem to think how a song so epic as dry county could influence a fictional song like Joey.
that was a bummer, dry county is a masterpiece, joey and right side are b sides at best imo. since jon mentioned joey i wonder why he decided to add a levon elton john ripp off tune wuithout mentioning the original. there was a whole thread where fellow jovi talkers made some valid points about many songs..
the line between inspiration or plagiarism can be grey but joey and amen and captain crash are low points in jons song writing career, not because of the final result but because its heavily based upon other artists work.

there was another mention about saturday night but the final result ends in a truly great song with its own identity, the same goes for never say goodbye. i am pretty sure wanted was also heavily inspired by a couple known songs, but the end result departs from the songs that were guides..