View Single Post

Old 10-26-2020, 04:22 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
But think of all the bonehead moves the label forced on the band single release wise. We got All About Loving You over The Distance. There's no wrong or right answer for what will work with the general public with a band that hasn't had much success with a new song in 13 years.
I get that. Nowadays it really wouldn't be about appealing to the general public but more of appealing to their own fan base, getting those that are on the fence to jump back over. It's pretty obvious Jon doesn't think much of either Beautiful drug or Luv Can, but the fans do. I can only imagine the songs that were left off. We Don't Run is the closest thing to an anthem they've made in a while, it was wasted on Burning Bridges with no promo instead of being the first single of THINFS. Relegating one of the most beautiful love songs he's written "Real Love" to bonus track status. Some of those choices while many may not agree with me, I just think what Jon calls "dumb rock songs" and "boy/girl songs" would connect a lot more with his fan base.