View Single Post

Old 02-26-2021, 03:57 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Maybe I didnt make myself clear, I’m not saying the band didn’t play on the album (at one point I thought they didn’t) but I believe they had little input re songwriting (Jon wrote 10/12) or wasn’t really asked about giving any input in other areas.

As per yovanas post Jbj did everything for this album the band are hardly involved in videos and song writing. It’s a shame but I guess that’s the “band” now

David would rather do his shows and Tico is happy to turn up where required. I don’t blame them after 30 odd years.

I actually think I could accept the songs a lot more if they were a Jbj solo album. All the really slow songs on here are very Jbj solo sounding in the vein of the Fighter and not running.
2020 and THINFS are probably the least “sounding” Jovi albums bar the odd track ever released and I include LH in that.

I guess it’s up to the individual whether they like this new direction and sound. Lots don’t as 2020 has shown sales wise despite some good reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I get this. But we're in 2020 and complaining that the other members aren't involved in the songwriting....why? Dave's last co-song writing credit was Last Cigarette, and even then Jon came clean about him having nothing to do with it. Past that it's a bevvy of b-sides until you hit the mid 80's. If it were a case of them being more "present" from a song-writing perspective prior then sure. I hate using the pandemic as an excuse but a lot of the promo had Jon, Tico and David doing interviews prior to the shut down.

I wish he'd involve the band more but Christ, even when Richie was in the band how much were press and promo focussing on Dave. This isn't a solo project, its a continuation of the machine they dug themselves into years ago. I think you're right it's not a Jovi sounding album because it's not. We have two new(ish) guitar players finally working together in the studio and it is a new sound but why wouldn't it be? Richie left and with him went his playing style. Would you rather they try and ape how he'd do a solo?

I don't get your obsession with sales. Sales doesn't dictate quality, especially considering how the ticket bundling is gone and how weird this promo cycle has been given we're in a pandemic. I could provide a bunch of articles about how major labels are telling artists not to put out records during this because of how hard they are to promote and get word out and with no tour to promote it. The album hasn't been selling but at least around here the album was best received than since The Circle maybe?

Anyway, I'm rambling again.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 02-26-2021 at 04:26 PM..