Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 09-18-2020, 09:19 PM
Keep the Faith

The original was played with the same tone and style Phil played the lead guitar on 'Come on up to Our House' and on first listen (the leak of the video shoot, not the actual song) that sounded like a violin to me. So yeah it was already pretty country. And already pretty terrible.

Phil has occasionally mentioned that there's one song where he got to let go so presumably that's Love is a Beautiful Drug - I'm sure he has mentioned more solos though it was that one he was really happy with. MAYBE there's hope, thankfully we can listen on spotify before spending money on it.

Milton Keynes 1 (HAND), Manchester & Bristol (LH), Dublin 2 (2011), Dublin 2 (THINFS)
Old 09-18-2020, 09:38 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalJez View Post
The original was played with the same tone and style Phil played the lead guitar on 'Come on up to Our House' and on first listen (the leak of the video shoot, not the actual song) that sounded like a violin to me. So yeah it was already pretty country. And already pretty terrible.

Phil has occasionally mentioned that there's one song where he got to let go so presumably that's Love is a Beautiful Drug - I'm sure he has mentioned more solos though it was that one he was really happy with. MAYBE there's hope, thankfully we can listen on spotify before spending money on it.
See I don't consider Come on up to Our House the least bit country. I guess it's all subjective. That being said I hear Phil's style of playing as well as Shanks on the track. Real watered down but the way he bends notes feels like this.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixy View Post
i'm afraid the best song on the album will not be released as a single
Old 09-18-2020, 10:25 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
See I don't consider Come on up to Our House the least bit country. I guess it's all subjective. That being said I hear Phil's style of playing as well as Shanks on the track. Real watered down but the way he bends notes feels like this.
The thing is a lot of modern country music doesn't even sound like country music and that's where the confusion lies. Some of it is edging into pop music. Some of it is pushing into rock music. The new Keith Urban came out this week and over half of it is not recognisable as country music at all, yet that's still what it is being classed as...

I find it really hard to define what modern country is as it's such a mish-mash of styles.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:32 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
The thing is a lot of modern country music doesn't even sound like country music and that's where the confusion lies. Some of it is edging into pop music. Some of it is pushing into rock music. The new Keith Urban came out this week and over half of it is not recognisable as country music at all, yet that's still what it is being classed as...

I find it really hard to define what modern country is as it's such a mish-mash of styles.
Fair! I've had friends listen to Just Older and ask if it's from the country album, genres are just all over the place subjectively.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:38 PM
The Distance

Just listened to Bobby Bones. I honestly can't take another interview about the Soul Kitchen.

The only interesting part was him talking about hitting high notes (which he's touched on before)... But the fact that he's not even willing to attempt anything daring anymore just solidified that we will never get one last great Bon Jovi song ever again...

Just adding Jennifer's higher vocals turned an average song into something of interest.

Its disappointing that Shanks can't pull those vocals out of Jon in a studio.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 09-19-2020 at 12:11 AM..
Old 09-19-2020, 12:09 AM
The Distance

Oh and I don't buy the story that "If You Cant Do What You Do, Then Do What You Can" was just some random caption added to that Instagram pic... That song title was already in motion and Jon knew what the plan was all along. I call total bullshit on that story.

But I'll keep my social distance because what this world needs is a hug.

Old 09-19-2020, 02:27 AM
The Distance

Just played the song for my 70 plus year old mother to get an unbiased opinion.

1. She doesn't like it. I asked why. She said you either like a song or you don't.

2. She said it sounds more like her song than his

3. She said "I don't like what he's doing with his voice". "What's he doing with his voice"?

So there you have it. An honest unbiased review.

Old 09-19-2020, 02:34 AM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Just played the song for my 70 plus year old mother to get an unbiased opinion.

1. She doesn't like it. I asked why. She said you either like a song or you don't.

2. She said it sounds more like her song than his

3. She said "I don't like what he's doing with his voice". "What's he doing with his voice"?

So there you have it. An honest unbiased review.

But why do you feel the need to do that? Are you not confident in your opinion to the point you need validation? If I'm a fan of a song or band, etc I am, I could give two shits if anyone else shares that opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2020, 02:43 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
But why do you feel the need to do that? Are you not confident in your opinion to the point you need validation? If I'm a fan of a song or band, etc I am, I could give two shits if anyone else shares that opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I'm not confident in my Bon Jovi opinions. As a long time fan, I'm super critical and I don't listen the same was as the average listener. And i think most fans would agree with that.

I hope the song does great on the Country charts.

His chorus vocals sound decent but his verses voice are raw and slurpy. I cant believe he'd put that on a final album. When he says the word "thought " he sound like Daffy Duck... He can't pronounce "104. Fever"

He's got two weeks. He should go rerecorded the vocals.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 09-19-2020 at 02:51 AM..

Tags
2020 (album)