Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 03-28-2020, 12:39 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I wonder if Jon is actually going to finish Do What You Can in a studio. His live voice is just so painful to listen to when he goes to the upper... He sounds like he has a cold and can't breathe out of his nose... Or like when you hold someone's nose and they can't talk. That's what he sounds like to me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-QYX8aD...=11qeij6ko5o5y

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Something tells me that Jon actually already has the song fully written, so he would just have to coordinate with Shanks to record and mix this for the album. I think they still have time for it to be included in the album. About his voice, I don't think he worries me that much, Jon makes sure he sounds as good as he can in the studio, and makes it more tolerable.

I also think this new song could be released as something off the album to raise money for charity. I'm not sure what the plan is, but if Jon has started this, I'm sure there will be a studio track available.

Let's imagine the following scenario; on May 15 the album will be released, both physically and digitally. We are in March 28... Do they have enough time to record, mix and release this song within the album?

My answer; I think so, this track sounds simple, so things don't have to be complicated.
Old 03-28-2020, 01:11 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
Something tells me that Jon actually already has the song fully written, so he would just have to coordinate with Shanks to record and mix this for the album. I think they still have time for it to be included in the album. About his voice, I don't think he worries me that much, Jon makes sure he sounds as good as he can in the studio, and makes it more tolerable.

I also think this new song could be released as something off the album to raise money for charity. I'm not sure what the plan is, but if Jon has started this, I'm sure there will be a studio track available.

Let's imagine the following scenario; on May 15 the album will be released, both physically and digitally. We are in March 28... Do they have enough time to record, mix and release this song within the album?

My answer; I think so, this track sounds simple, so things don't have to be complicated.
I agree that the track is completely written... I think he's having fun with this contest but I honestly can't see him putting out a song with fan lyrics. He'll probably make someone up. He won't even write with his own band members let alone use fan lyrics...

Unless he doesn't put the song on the album and does some type of charity single with it... Then maybe.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2020, 02:23 PM
Posting everyday

I don't think it's currently on Jon's mind at all when, what and how it's gonna be released. Dave's under quarantine at home, so is Jon and his whole family. New York is breaking down under the number of current infections, I'm not even sure physical CDs are still being produced and distributed at the moment.
I guess record stores in the US are closed by now? At least that's the case in many European countries.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:15 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

I'm still amazed by the screw up of uploading a wrong version of Unbroken! It's been replaced in Spotify too.
On the other hand, I own a rarity now however the correct version is much better.

Maybe I'm a bit sentimental but I like it. The song works for its purpose. Compared to Limitless.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 03-28-2020, 04:44 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I'm still amazed by the screw up of uploading a wrong version of Unbroken! It's been replaced in Spotify too.
On the other hand, I own a rarity now however the correct version is much better.

Maybe I'm a bit sentimental but I like it. The song works for its purpose. Compared to Limitless.
It's a load better with Jon's voice in it than without
Old 03-28-2020, 05:06 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
It's a load better with Jon's voice in it than without
Definitely. It also sounds more produced.

Interesting that I missed Jon's vocals
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:23 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Definitely. It also sounds more produced.

Interesting that I missed Jon's vocals
I know it's a weird feeling isn't it 😂

To be fair it's clear that the choir is intended to be backing vocals, so it would be weird for the lead not to be there.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:55 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:

Again: Entering a proper studio is gonna be the thing. If Jon's home studio is good enough to record raw tracks, maybe Shanks (given he is at his studio and not at home, which I doubt as of now) can polish it up.

You know what's interesting, though? This track happening is... I am not sure if it could have happened with Richie still in the band. JBJ doing a Bon Jovi track all on his own feels to be expected now, but with Richie in the band, people on here would have likely complained (more).
Old 03-28-2020, 06:13 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:

In the US people are still working? If they don't (like in Europe) I don't think it will be possible to produce a new CD adding the new song. Maybe in digital version it could be an opcion.

But, anyway, I don't think this is over on May 15.

Quote:

On my spotify is still the old version. I have to do something to have the good one? I prefer the Jon's one.

Last edited by IWantYou; 03-28-2020 at 06:20 PM..
Old 03-28-2020, 11:06 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantYou View Post
On my spotify is still the old version. I have to do something to have the good one? I prefer the Jon's one.
I didn't anything. Just played it in the morning and heard Jon

Tags
2020 (album)