View Single Post

Old 09-25-2022, 08:19 PM
Price of posting

There will always be people complaining, but there will also be people loving it.

NJ Deluxe Edition 2014 had some problems for diehard fans. All the outtakes weren't there, you know what I mean, In America, Rosie and the correct version of Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore?

I don't know if they recorded more songs in the studio like Cadillac Man or We All Sleep Alone. But if they have this kind of stuff, they should have included it in that edition. Also missing a rough mixes cd. They could have skipped the DVD and instead include a never-before-released live CD.

Obie's mixing was mediocre, they need to take mixing and mastering seriously like the 2004 box set.

That would make a big difference.

I have already said it in other posts. Something like this would whet the appetite of many fans:

SWW 40th anniversary:

CD1 Original Remastered

CD2 Bonus Tracks: Game Of The Heart, Lonely Is The Night, Deep Cuts The Nife, Never Enough, Borderline, Edge Of a Broken Heart, Out Of Bounds... there are probably a few more clues that we don't know.

CD3 Rough Mixes: You Give Love A Bad Name, Prayer, Wanted, Id Die For You (Demo) or Never Say Goodbye (Richie on Vocals), Raise your Hands, Let It Rock....

CD4 Live tracks from 1986-7 or live full live show in two discs.
CD4 Live Show

If you want DVD-Bluray, they could easily add Nassau 87. They could also include the official videos as extras.

Mix and remaster all this as it deserves. They did it once with Out Of Bounds for the 2004 box set. They can do it again if someone competent does it. Pack it with love, make a 30-40 page book of promotional photos, tours, and truthful information from the recording studio.

Do the same with Keep The Faith and These Days. You will keep all the fans happy.

This is easy to do, and if this isn't worth it to the fans, then I don't know what the hell you expect.

The Box Set 40th Annyversary could be a continuation of the 2004 Box set. Add unreleased songs never heard before, at least mostly.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-25-2022 at 08:43 PM..