View Single Post

Old 09-15-2022, 11:03 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
That's so funny, I feel completely the opposite haha. To me Let It Rain is the most natural take. It doesn't sound great and doesn't sound too processesd where as Limitless just sounds like it's run through ten machines and pitch correction and artificial rasp. It's so wild that we can hear different things and neither us be wrong or right!
They are two different songs. A song like Limitless wouldn't work the same way as Let It Rain. That the voice is processed in a song like that, is not the problem, because if it were, then you would not like others like Have A Nice Day.

I have vague memories of this, but when I first heard the first snipet (1 minute aprox) of Have a Nice Day (studio track) that was released a few hours before their Live 8 performance, I didn't even recognize Jon's voice and I thought it was someone else.

His voice was so processed that it seemed fake. Artificial would be an understatement, however, the song works as it is. It have claw, the lyrics are not the best in the world but it is direct and work... the whole thing have punch, the instruments breathed and whoau! It even have a good guitar solo.

The change of sound when changing producer also made a difference. Something that has not been repeated since then. But that's another story, and at this point, as things stand, no producer is going to be able to fix or change nothing. So I don't mind having Shanks on board until the end.

I've assumed we're on the decline for years now, so I'm just enjoying that he's still releasing new music.... and watching him ride slowly towards the sunset. The only thing that makes me sad is that I imagined that the bunch of outlaws that would accompany him were different.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-16-2022 at 12:05 AM..