View Single Post

Old 12-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Whenever I put this one on I'm actually surprised at how fast the cd just goes. It's like "whoa, I'm on Reunion already?!" and I basically don't even notice it. But I do get why some people don't like it. I too wish the songs sounded stronger and there was more of a guitar feel to them because (And I know I've mentioned this before) besides the guitar being more at the front of the mix that WAN, there is just WAY too much of those single string hitting throughout the chorus or verse that doesn't go anywhere, don't know why Shanks decided to go this way but it's really repetitive and gets a bit annoying at times....
Yep, that's one of my major complaints with this album as well. I like many of the songs and there are some strong lyrics like LWTG, but the guitar work is just so uninspired. Two years ago I would've just said that Shanks isn't capable of more, but after having heard some of the work on BB (including the outro solo on Fingerprints) I kind of feel that a lot of potential has been wasted here.