View Single Post

Old 02-08-2017, 07:41 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
I've been listening to a lot of Bon jovi from debut to these days - so when you listen to anything after those 6 albums I think - with the exception of a handful of songs - what the ****s happened to this band?

Crush upwards I reckon I could make a double album of 28 songs I'd love. The rest wouldn't bother me if I never heard them again.
While I agree with you, I do think there were still some moments of "brilliance" here and there post-2000. I just bought and listened to Burning Bridges, and being that I am completely biased towards their mid-90s heyday I thought "Who Would You Die For" sounds like it was taken straight from the These Days sessions! Easily among my fave songs since the Crush era began. "Fingertips" is right up there too, but the rest of that album is pretty meh, although far better than "This House..."
The B-Sides and extra tracks on the various versions of the "This House" album are much better than what ended up on the standard album.
The biggest issues to me in the past 15 years or so have been the production, and those cheesy, recycled lyrics.

My Bon Jovi Album Ranking: These Days, SWW, KTF, Jersey, Crush, 7800F, Bridges, HAND, Bon Jovi, Bounce, WAN, Circle, THINFS, LH, 2020;