View Single Post

Old 06-09-2017, 10:12 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
All that stuff is cool at some point but seeing guys in their late 50ties or 60ties dressed up, jumping up and down between flames and doing acrobatics in the air is just ridiculous IMHO. Only KISS can pull it off but they've been clowns doing a theatrical act for ages.

As for more rock sound I'm all yay but we have to take into account that Jon's voice is not what it used to be. It's not trashing him, it's just coming to terms with the reality. What they are doing now is balancing between current situation and fans' desire to hear old hits.
Completely agree. I never wanted my band to be (like) KISS.

The fact that they changed their sound over the years is not the problem. A great song is still a great song in any genre and I listen to many of them. It's the quality of songs and delivery. Delivery has obviously suffered from Jon's vocal decline, but the inconsistent songwriting is the reason that we are often let down by much of their post-2000 output. If you combine the best from TC and WAN into one you get a very good album. If you do the same for BB and THINFS you get a great album! But when an aging rockstar insists on doing on doing 7 albums in 17 years (in his 40s and 50s) it's only natural that not everything is as good as it good be. It's no coincidence that other peers of Jon take much longer breaks between albums, take much more time to make them and the end result is much better received by fans and media than your typical Bon Jovi album.