View Single Post

Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Runaway

Default Where is the real Bon jovi?

Ok, I have been a massive Bon jovi fan since for 25 years , but the last 10 years the quality of Bon jovi releases has been going downhill.

I was really looking forward to this album but I have to say I'm completely disappointed again.
I consider these days the pinnacle of jovi's career and I would put this latest album as one of their worst .
I played this album then played these days straight after, the difference is night and day .
I honestly like every song on the these days album and never skip any, but every album since I've noticed the quality drops.
I would say there are 3 on this album worth keeping , the rest are complete filler , where is the quality control?

Bounce is probably there best effort of recent times , each album since has had a couple of gems but most are average at very best. is this really good enough?

I think one of the biggest problems is Jon's vocal range is shot , I don't know if its smoking or just not looking after his voice but everything sounds like he's on autopilot never pushing it and keeping in his lower register .
He stil sounds good ,but think about my guitar lies bleeding in my arms , the key change lifts the song onto a different level , Jon just can't do this anymore and this is affecting the way the songs are written .

What has happened to the songwriting ? Jon and richie used to write songs that would grab you , full of emotion and storytelling .

That's what the water made me is a good song
I'm with you is good
What about now is good , and then it's average all the way .

When Jon sings have we got it anymore ? I would have to say ... I'm not sure .
Bon jovi are still capable of good things but have left me disappointed again