View Single Post

Old 08-18-2016, 05:46 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
No, the "official" reason Richie gave was that he wanted to be home with his daughter and he was sick of being on the road.

It's clear Richie didn't have much creative input/involvement on WAN and that he didn't like the direction Jon was taking the band's music. So much so that he quit mid-tour. A dick move, yes, but I truly believe he couldn't stand the thought of playing a tour supporting that turd of an album for 70 more shows. So he said 'F this, I'd rather go out on my own and play whatever I want and shred ridiculous 5 minute solos if I choose to.'

When DJ Pierre Robert interviewed Jon about Richie leaving he said, "If it doesn't move you anymore, you have the right to leave." http://youtu.be/AhuJY4s9PmM

When Bobby said in the interview posted upthread, "Richie and Jon weren't seeing eye to eye," I think it's a safe bet they weren't seeing things eye to eye musically. Richie wanted more rock; Jon wanted whatever the hell you call WAN.

So I don't think saying if Richie had more artistic freedom and creative input he'd still be in the band is a false statement at all.
Nice Post!!!