View Single Post

Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner73 View Post
Just picking up on a few things that have been mentioned in recent interviews: The interview with Robbie, jon was heard saying its not about the success, but about the artistic achievement etc....would he say that if he was aiming for an album with a successful lead single?? Also an interview backstage at iheart radio he said he cant see the album fitting onto current radio.....just seems a different approach from the one he took when talking about albums bounce-the circle

i could be completly wrong of course and we could have an album full of 4 minute radio friendly hits, that wont get any airplay, and will inturn do the band no favours at all

Thoughts please
x
Jon's said the same about The Circle and in fact he's been on his "artistic achievement" nonsense ever since Bounce was released. Yet he let Ebbin and then Shank produce his stuff. I think that says enough about any artistic things he tries to achieve.

What he means to say and knows very well is how he's lost his touch to write and create a decent hitsingle nowadays and has no clue of how to incorporate nowadays music in his own music, thus trying to sound like anything but themselves. That's not something you'll hear him say though, because it's not exactly a good way of trying to sell your music.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan