Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

So, what's the verdict of Jovitalk on Richie's record?

New Bon Jovi Releases

View Poll Results: What's your verdict on Aftermath Of The Lowdown
1 3 3.53%
2 1 1.18%
3 0 0%
4 6 7.06%
5 9 10.59%
6 14 16.47%
7 23 27.06%
8 24 28.24%
9 3 3.53%
10 2 2.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2012, 02:13 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic
Default So, what's the verdict of Jovitalk on Richie's record?

Aloha !

We've all been able to give our opinion on the record in my brilliant "What's your opinion topic", but if you'd have to grade it, what's your grade? Considering how there's 11 songs on the record and pretty much the consensus in most replies is that there's about 3 to 4 songs worth mentioning and the rest gets absolutely ripped apart, I wonder if most people actually really think it's worth a 4 on a scale from 1-10. It might sound harsh, but I feel it's not worth any higher grade. What's your take?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 09-19-2012 at 02:15 AM..

Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via MSN to kekko21

8. A very good record in my point of view.
Better than Lost Highway, Have A Nice Day and maybe The Circle.
There's no song I skip. Like it!

LIKE FRANKIE SAID, I DID IT MY WAY
Old 09-19-2012, 12:58 PM
The Distance

I'd say a 6. Some really good songs: Seven Years Gone, Learning How To Fly With A Broken Wing and You Can Only Get So High. With a lot of fillers and mediocre songs.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Jovi Geek

Going to buy the cd when it's out in stores next week...will give you my verdict then.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

it's more a 5.5 for me, but i'll give it a 5 for the simple fact this album loses some of its appeal each time i listen to it. i've learnt throughout the years not to expect much from Jovi releases and apparently i've subconsciously applied the same mindset to Richie's album, so i can't say i'm disappointed. sadly, most of these songs don't give me the urge to go back and listen to them again, bar a few exceptions (Burn The Candle Down, Seven Years Gone, You Can Only Get So High, Backseat Driver).

Last edited by Roxannah; 09-19-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I gave it an 8. I love it all, even Sugar Daddy. I dont listen to music because of the lyrics I listen to music as music, the tune, lyrics, melody everything as one. I dont give a toss if the lyrics are shit, good lyrics dont make a song good just means the writter would make a good author/poet. Its not the lyrics that get you tapping your feet.

24th June 2011 - Old Trafford -Manchester, UK

16th October 2012 - Richie Sambora -Shepherds Bush - London, UK

12th June 2013 - Cardiff City Stadium - Cardiff, UK
Old 09-19-2012, 06:21 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm123 View Post
I gave it an 8. I love it all, even Sugar Daddy. I dont listen to music because of the lyrics I listen to music as music, the tune, lyrics, melody everything as one. I dont give a toss if the lyrics are shit, good lyrics dont make a song good just means the writter would make a good author/poet. Its not the lyrics that get you tapping your feet.
But its not just the lyrics that suck. its the uninspired and recycled guitar work, the over produced sound and the dreadful vocal in some of the songs.

You can tap your feet all you want to rihanna and Nickelback. That doesn't mean they're good.

Last edited by Panda; 09-19-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
But its not just the lyrics that suck. its the uninspired and recycled guitar work, the over produced sound and the dreadful vocal in some of the songs.

You can tap your feet all you want to rihanna and Nickelback. That doesn't mean they're good.
They've gotta be good if they sell millions of hits. Are you that arrogant to think that commercially successful acts are shit and you are right? I agree with the above. Lyrics are number 2 for me.

Living on a prayer was voted the best rock song in a recent poll (I will find put which one). The lyrics are shit. But the tune has such legendary status that it is renown around the world. Do you think people in bars and clubs give a toss about who Tommy and Gina are?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

I bet all the people who dislike the majority of the album have got tickets to see Richie live...and i bet you will all complain that the set was shit because it was mainly Aftermath

24th June 2011 - Old Trafford -Manchester, UK

16th October 2012 - Richie Sambora -Shepherds Bush - London, UK

12th June 2013 - Cardiff City Stadium - Cardiff, UK
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
They've gotta be good if they sell millions of hits. Are you that arrogant to think that commercially successful acts are shit and you are right? I agree with the above. Lyrics are number 2 for me.

Living on a prayer was voted the best rock song in a recent poll (I will find put which one). The lyrics are shit. But the tune has such legendary status that it is renown around the world. Do you think people in bars and clubs give a toss about who Tommy and Gina are?
Yeah, but the average Nickelback fan doesn't really pay much attention to anything. The songs have been dumbed down exactly for that reason and I doubt mr. Chad knows even how to write a song with any message at all. Richie however, after all the years of writing songs and the lyrics on previous efforts, should know how to write a decent verse, and his songs have a completely different tone to them than the songs Nickelback writes. But instead of writing lyrics that actually fit the melody and tone of a song, you get dumbed down unintellectual stuff like "in the funhouse the mirrors make you uuuuugly, after dark you're just a shadow in the night". I mean, double u tee ef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm123 View Post
I bet all the people who dislike the majority of the album have got tickets to see Richie live...and i bet you will all complain that the set was shit because it was mainly Aftermath
Jealous much? I had no idea the n in your nickname stood for Nostradamus. Any other predictions you can make?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 09-19-2012 at 08:45 PM..