Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

I want to be loved. 3rd Single?

New Bon Jovi Releases


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 03-17-2006, 10:44 AM
BJdavidLS BJdavidLS is offline
Senior Member
Next 100 Posts
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Piran, Slovenia
Posts: 147
Send a message via MSN to BJdavidLS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoviForever
As you say - this is just the version that's been sent out to US stations. That dosen't make it a single release and it dosen't neccessarily mean it will be released in Europe etc.
I don't completely agree with you.
Who Says You Can't Go Home and the duet version also, they've both been releases, one to US country radio and the other to US non-country and non-rock radio stations, they both aren't available for sale, just like IWTBL, and aren't released in Europe (and other places too, except US). The only difference is they promote WSYCGHA and they filmed a video. But why does this make it a single release and not IWTBL. All of them exist only as promotional singles in US.
I believe IWTBL counts as much a single as any other single (be it promo or commercial) that's been released IMO.
__________________

How can someone take a life in the name of God and say it's right?
How does money lead to greed, when there's still hungry mouths to feed?
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 03-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is online now
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,439
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

I have a feeling Welcome will be the third single. If Jon is doing that on the West Wing next week, I assume the video isn't too far behind.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-17-2006, 06:22 PM
SamboraQueen21's Avatar
SamboraQueen21 SamboraQueen21 is offline
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 12 Mar 2004
Location: Auburn, New York USA
Age: 40
Gender: female
Posts: 6,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
I have a feeling Welcome will be the third single. If Jon is doing that on the West Wing next week, I assume the video isn't too far behind.
is that next week? i thought i had missed it...
__________________
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is online now
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,439
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboraQueen21
is that next week? i thought i had missed it...
Well if it isn't then I missed it too. So let's go with next week, heh.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-17-2006, 06:32 PM
SamboraQueen21's Avatar
SamboraQueen21 SamboraQueen21 is offline
Senior Member
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 12 Mar 2004
Location: Auburn, New York USA
Age: 40
Gender: female
Posts: 6,047
Default

sounds good
__________________
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Shulamix Shulamix is offline
Member
Breakout
 
Join Date: 14 Mar 2006
Location: Cooper City, FL
Gender: female
Posts: 46
Default

It's supposed to be on the 26th.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-17-2006, 06:41 PM
haveaniceday haveaniceday is offline
Senior Member
Lay your Posts on Me
 
Join Date: 01 May 2005
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi
I have a feeling Welcome will be the third single. If Jon is doing that on the West Wing next week, I assume the video isn't too far behind.
There is no way Welcome will be the third single after it tanked in Europe. They split the singles up to see which worked and which didn't. Thats why they nixed Welcome as the second U.S. single. In my opinion they are still in a wait and see approach right now. One of 3 songs will happen: they are saving I Am for a big push during the last third of the tour, thus it would be the third single; they are looking to see if I Want To Be Loved catches on with rock radio, if it does then it will be the third single; or neither of the above is the case and they will release Last Man Standing b/c they are chart hungry after the success of Who Says. Simply my opinion but I'm fairly sure Welcome won't be the third single.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is online now
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,439
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveaniceday
There is no way Welcome will be the third single after it tanked in Europe. They split the singles up to see which worked and which didn't. Thats why they nixed Welcome as the second U.S. single. In my opinion they are still in a wait and see approach right now. One of 3 songs will happen: they are saving I Am for a big push during the last third of the tour, thus it would be the third single; they are looking to see if I Want To Be Loved catches on with rock radio, if it does then it will be the third single; or neither of the above is the case and they will release Last Man Standing b/c they are chart hungry after the success of Who Says. Simply my opinion but I'm fairly sure Welcome won't be the third single.
That's just being hopeful, saying they're not playing "I am" because it's going to be a single. Lots of songs just weren't played live. Some became singles ie All about loving you, some didn't, ie Women in Love. It could simply just mean they don't want to play it live for whatever reason.

Just because Welcome doesn't work in Europe, doesn't mean it won't work in the states. I personally believe Who says worked because it sounds American, yet it's being released in Europe as the next single. I don't think it will do well, but that's just my opinion. They're not goin to spend money on ANOTHER video if they have one already filmed and ready.

EDIT: Not to mention, It's more balladic than Who says. Don't they usually release one Ballad like song in the 3 song single release schedule?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-17-2006, 08:35 PM
bjcrazycpa's Avatar
bjcrazycpa bjcrazycpa is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Geek
 
Join Date: 30 Aug 2002
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Age: 56
Gender: female
Posts: 6,858
Default

I hear what everyone is saying about Welcome tanking in Europe but I still think that this song will be released as a single in North America. I guess time will tell.

deb

Last edited by bjcrazycpa; 03-17-2006 at 08:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Captain_jovi's Avatar
Captain_jovi Captain_jovi is online now
Moderator
I Don't Want To Post Forever
 
Join Date: 30 Jul 2002
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Age: 36
Gender: male
Posts: 12,439
Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi
Default

Agreed. I think it tanking in Europe has NOTHING to do with how it will do in America.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
i want to be loved

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.