View Single Post

Old 03-17-2006, 08:29 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveaniceday
There is no way Welcome will be the third single after it tanked in Europe. They split the singles up to see which worked and which didn't. Thats why they nixed Welcome as the second U.S. single. In my opinion they are still in a wait and see approach right now. One of 3 songs will happen: they are saving I Am for a big push during the last third of the tour, thus it would be the third single; they are looking to see if I Want To Be Loved catches on with rock radio, if it does then it will be the third single; or neither of the above is the case and they will release Last Man Standing b/c they are chart hungry after the success of Who Says. Simply my opinion but I'm fairly sure Welcome won't be the third single.
That's just being hopeful, saying they're not playing "I am" because it's going to be a single. Lots of songs just weren't played live. Some became singles ie All about loving you, some didn't, ie Women in Love. It could simply just mean they don't want to play it live for whatever reason.

Just because Welcome doesn't work in Europe, doesn't mean it won't work in the states. I personally believe Who says worked because it sounds American, yet it's being released in Europe as the next single. I don't think it will do well, but that's just my opinion. They're not goin to spend money on ANOTHER video if they have one already filmed and ready.

EDIT: Not to mention, It's more balladic than Who says. Don't they usually release one Ballad like song in the 3 song single release schedule?