View Single Post

Old 03-23-2024, 02:12 AM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
By the way, the Offspring's guitar player had this to say about Bob Rock a couple days ago:
I have great respect for Bob Rock, hell, I think he's the best of the best in business from my generation or point of view. But then again, is he hungry enough still? Is Bon Jovi hungry enough? The answers may be positive, but they are for sure not absolute as in the past when Bob Rock was making the name for himself, and Jon Bon Jovi was proving that he can at the same time survive grunge movement, as well as make a great rock record with a band faced with adversity. I respect them both, but both are old men with everything accomplished.

I wish a miracle happens and something stings Jon (and Bob Rock if possible) to join again and do something different; but its' more about Jon then anybody else in the end. It's true, it's not that Shanks blocks it, it's just that Jon is now comfortable and its' really too late for hits. Bob Rock would be perfect for The Circle. With his and Desmond's work, I would put Brokenpromiseland (Shanks cowrote also btw) as first single with heavy (non political) promotion. I bet it would get to other rock music fans, cohort that Jon always deemed subpar. If not a hit, at least a good song (unlike any other single Jovi placed since then)