View Single Post

Old 10-02-2020, 06:51 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
While my own assessment is not as high as yours, that's a good summary.

Even the songs I considered turds as singles make sense in the album - Unbroken and American Reckoning.

Limitless is the weak point and it sticks like a sore thumb. I would not be shocked if it was included because the label said the album doesn't have a single. At least it's in the beginning where the rest of the album can leave it behind in a good flow afterwards.
After listening to Luv Can and Shine, I understand that the original album didn't have any cohesion (those 2 + Limitless + Beautiful Drug + Story of Love are wildly different from each other and from the themes of the album) and the addition of the new songs makes the album the way it was supposed to be instead of having a case of Bounce part 2. It's a common old complain so I guess they got it right by most fans this time.

To me it went from an easy 6-7 to a... I don't even know, but it's a moot point anyway and I'm not really bothered. It's as simple as creating your own playlist instead of listening to the album and I sure as hell won't listen to many of the songs again so...

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know