6 5 6.10%
7 22 26.83%
8 21 25.61%
9 15 18.29%
10 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2020, 10:18 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

There are 4 songs I really like and listen very often:BEAUTIFUL DRUG,BLOOD ON THE WATER,BROTHERS IN ARMS AND LUV CAN. With couple of more like LET IT RAIN,LIMITLESS and SHINE. .It is very good album with good production and lyrics.
8/10

Old 10-13-2020, 12:12 PM
Suddenly

BOTW is very good - poor man's Dry County, but still very good. Let it Rain is OK, Story of Love is mediocre but instrumental ending is awesome. Shame the song is shit compared to the ending (I wish they put that type of ending to the BOTW). Limitless could be listenable for the fun and the rest of the album ,especially with bonus tracks included, is trash.
I have been listening to BJ for almost 30 years now and still (from 2000) waiting for the proper rock album.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:37 PM
Born to be my Baby

To me, the album is clearly divided into three categories:

Great songs: Luv Can, Blood in the Water and Lower the Flag

Decent songs: AR (musically, not lyrically), Shine and Beautiful Drug

The rest is just garbage
Old 10-15-2020, 12:31 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Hi everyone-

I guess it’s been almost a decade since I’ve posted anything on this forum. I’ve been constantly following the board yet I haven’t felt like I’ve got anything to say or comment.

Now that we’ve finally got the new album I thought it’s time for me to express my views. Obviously, this is going to be a long post. I’ve followed the band ever since SWW. My expectations weren’t too high this time around. I guess most people on the board felt the same way while waiting for the release. Actually, I was afraid of what we would get. No Richie, no Desmond, no stadium rock. No You Give Love A Bad Name part 2. Why be Springsteen or Dylan when can be Bon Jovi?

While finally getting to hear a long awaited new album, I completely understand that it’s quite easy to get a bit too excited in the first place. For example, back in 2009, I remember having very much praised The Circle and considered it being their greatest album ever since These Days. Later on, as a few months had passed, I realized I had been exaggerating. I had been way too enthusiastic. There are a few songs on the album I still love, yet as a whole, I don’t consider The Circle as anything special in the Bon Jovi back catalogue. For this reason, I didn’t immediately comment on 2020 even if I very much wanted to. I admit it’s only been two weeks by now but I think I’ve already gained some perspective.

First of all, I love this album. I think I’ve never been more wrong with my expectations regarding a forthcoming album in my entire life.

Jon’s voice being what it is and the lack of Richie are major drawbacks, of course. No denying. It breaks my heart to imagine how these new songs would have sounded like with Jon’s former voice and with the guitar work and harmonies of Richie. That being said, I couldn’t be happier with a new Bon Jovi album, given the circumstances.

I love the flow and the general athmosphere. I can’t help but compare it to even These Days or Destination Anywhere in this regard. I think 2020 is a very sincere patch of songs. Jon’s pure enthusiasm is very evident. Most of the songs don’t sound crafted at all to my ears. Vintage Jon on many occasions.

Some songs got my special attention.

Blood In The Water is the absolute highlight of the album for me. This is the kind of songwriting that’s always attracted me to Bon Jovi. I’m absolutely certain this is a song that’s going to stand the test of time amongst my favorite Bon Jovi songs. I hope I won’t get accused of blasphemy on this board when I say this... But for me, this song is superior to it’s anchestor Dry County. 5/5.

Lower The Flag is haunting. This is the one that I was most worried of beforehand. I completely get the importance and severity of the subject matter, yet I was uncertain whether a theme like that would really work as a Bon Jovi song. And I was so wrong. What a beautiful yet powerful song. And it’s probably the saddest one ever since August 7, 4:15. The chorus reminds me of Springsteen’s Atlantic City. Just like in the second verse of Livin’ On A Prayer, there’s a promise of a better tomorrow. I love this one.

Story of Love is not the typical Bon Jovi song one would expect. I really much like the melody and the arrangement. It’s the sheer melodic beauty of many of the songs that strikes me the most on this album.

Beautiful Drug was the one particular song I was most eagerly looking forward to. Sadly, it didn’t turn out to be the bigger than life tongue in cheek rock song I thought it would be. Like someone stated on the board, it could have merely been a Bounce demo. It’s good as it is but nothing special for me. I think it’s chorus lacks power. In the 80’s, it could have been a different kind of song with a lot more punch. 2-3/5.

I don’t share the common despise for Limitless. It’s nothing spectacular but I do enjoy it, even if it’s a carbon copy of countless previous live your life songs. 3/5.

The two bonus tracks really do the trick for me. I can’t help but adore Luv Can. The outro is fantastic, it haunts me. I have no words. Classic Bon Jovi. This is easily one of their greatest post 2000 songs for me. Shine gets close. 5/5 for Luv Can.

Clearly, this may be my favorite post 2000 Bon Jovi album. I’m quite certain it will have longevity for me. It sure is different. Great album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2020, 01:00 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami View Post
Hi everyone-

I guess it’s been almost a decade since I’ve posted anything on this forum. I’ve been constantly following the board yet I haven’t felt like I’ve got anything to say or comment.

Now that we’ve finally got the new album I thought it’s time for me to express my views. Obviously, this is going to be a long post. I’ve followed the band ever since SWW. My expectations weren’t too high this time around. I guess most people on the board felt the same way while waiting for the release. Actually, I was afraid of what we would get. No Richie, no Desmond, no stadium rock. No You Give Love A Bad Name part 2. Why be Springsteen or Dylan when can be Bon Jovi?

While finally getting to hear a long awaited new album, I completely understand that it’s quite easy to get a bit too excited in the first place. For example, back in 2009, I remember having very much praised The Circle and considered it being their greatest album ever since These Days. Later on, as a few months had passed, I realized I had been exaggerating. I had been way too enthusiastic. There are a few songs on the album I still love, yet as a whole, I don’t consider The Circle as anything special in the Bon Jovi back catalogue. For this reason, I didn’t immediately comment on 2020 even if I very much wanted to. I admit it’s only been two weeks by now but I think I’ve already gained some perspective.

First of all, I love this album. I think I’ve never been more wrong with my expectations regarding a forthcoming album in my entire life.

Jon’s voice being what it is and the lack of Richie are major drawbacks, of course. No denying. It breaks my heart to imagine how these new songs would have sounded like with Jon’s former voice and with the guitar work and harmonies of Richie. That being said, I couldn’t be happier with a new Bon Jovi album, given the circumstances.

I love the flow and the general athmosphere. I can’t help but compare it to even These Days or Destination Anywhere in this regard. I think 2020 is a very sincere patch of songs. Jon’s pure enthusiasm is very evident. Most of the songs don’t sound crafted at all to my ears. Vintage Jon on many occasions.

Blood In The Water is the absolute highlight of the album for me. This is the kind of songwriting that’s always attracted me to Bon Jovi. I’m absolutely certain this is a song that’s going to stand the test of time amongst my favorite Bon Jovi songs. I hope I won’t get accused of blasphemy on this board when I say this... But for me, this song is superior to it’s anchestor Dry County. 5/5.

Lower The Flag is haunting. This is the one that I was most worried of beforehand. I completely get the importance and severity of the subject matter, yet I was uncertain whether a theme like that would really work as a Bon Jovi song. And I was so wrong. What a beautiful yet powerful song. And it’s probably the saddest one ever since August 7, 4:15. The chorus reminds me of Springsteen’s Atlantic City. Just like in the second verse of Livin’ On A Prayer, there’s a promise of a better tomorrow. I love this one.

Story of Love is not the typical Bon Jovi song one would expect. I really much like the melody and the arrangement. It’s the sheer melodic beauty of many of the songs that strikes me the most on this album.

Beautiful Drug was the one particular song I was most eagerly looking forward to. Sadly, it didn’t turn out to be the bigger than life tongue in cheek rock song I thought it would be. Like someone stated on the board, it could have merely been a Bounce demo. It’s good as it is but nothing special for me. I think it’s chorus lacks power. In the 80’s, it could have been a different kind of song with a lot more punch. 2-3/5.

I don’t share the common despise for Limitless. It’s nothing spectacular but I do enjoy it, even if it’s a carbon copy of countless previous live your life songs. 3/5.

The two bonus tracks really do the trick for me. I can’t help but adore Luv Can. The outro is fantastic, it haunts me. I have no words. Classic Bon Jovi. This is easily one of their greatest post 2000 songs for me. Shine gets close. 5/5 for Luv Can.

Clearly, this may be my favorite post 2000 Bon Jovi album. I’m quite certain it will have longevity for me. It sure is different. Great album.

Very nice review and I share your views on Limitless. Nice to see you back here!

Old 10-15-2020, 02:20 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
I think every one thought it would be so bad (based on the singles) that the fact its decent in places makes it sound better.

I'm looking forward to everyone's views in a year when elections and this horrible year is over.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 10-15-2020, 02:40 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
I think every one thought it would be so bad (based on the singles) that the fact its decent in places makes it sound better.

I'm looking forward to everyone's views in a year when elections and this horrible year is over.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I'm pretty confident that my initial rating of a 6 (7 with the original tracklist) will stand up. The songs I most like are the least topical, at least at face value
Old 10-15-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
Very nice review and I share your views on Limitless. Nice to see you back here!

Thank you! Good to be back.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:03 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Hi everyone-

Fantastic to have you back!! Really dig your perspective/review on 2020. Please keep posting.

"I swear I'm gonna live forever
Tell my maker he can wait..."
Old 10-15-2020, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukoc7 View Post
Fantastic to have you back!! Really dig your perspective/review on 2020. Please keep posting.

Thank you for your kind words!