Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Let's rate: Labor Of Love

New Bon Jovi Releases

View Poll Results: Your rating for Labor Of Love (the song)
10 7 6.86%
9 13 12.75%
8 23 22.55%
7 23 22.55%
6 5 4.90%
5 16 15.69%
4 6 5.88%
3 4 3.92%
2 5 4.90%
1 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2016, 12:21 AM
Lay your Posts on Me

It could really have a powerful solo and probably lacks of Richie this one. Other than that the way he delivers the song remindsme a bit of Room at the end of the world but I guess it's just me, I liked it, a strong 8 on this one.

I saw someone on a fan page saying that this is Springsteen -ish song but, I don't share the same feeling/opinion with that fan xd

Old 09-30-2016, 02:30 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam D View Post
This is probably my favorite Bon Jovi song since Love's The Only Rule. Teardrop comes close, but there's something about this song I absolutely adore.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Absolutely how I feel! Love's The Only Rule is a masterpiece for me, one of my favorite songs (specially since I heard it live), and Labor of Love feels really special too!
When all was said and done
Old 09-30-2016, 04:05 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
It's only when I listen to it with headphones that there's something that's bugging me about it. I like Jon's voice in the verses and I don't think that the production is nearly as bad (compression aside) as on Knockout, but there's just something that holds the chorus back. To me it feels as if the chorus doesn't flow with the rest of the song since, the moment it comes in, Jon's voice goes from being really enjoyable to being a lot more doctored and there's much more reverb thrown onto it. That kind of annoys me since it feels a bit like they had the chorus from another session (which probably happens quite a few times), but had worked with a different mastering approach and not really cared to make it sound like one song. It kills the vibe of the song a bit.
It's harmony... this song desperately needs harmony during the chorus. While I'm wishing, Richie's harmony.

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...
Old 10-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

How do you like it live?

The song flows better, but it's missing something. The verses are not as powerful but that's to be expected for a first show, hopefully his voice will get stronger to sell the emotion the verses carry. The bridge, which is the most difficult part vocally imho, sounds decent but weak. Doesn't sound bad overall but I prefer the album version so far.

Thoughts?

BTW my daughter listen to it for the first time today (album version) and her question was: Is that Jon when he's old? So I'm not the only one who thought "Holy shit is that 2016 Jon?" (well, she probably didn't exactly think that... I hope lol)

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 11-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

music and video reminds me "Chris Isaak - Wicked Game"

Old 11-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Jovi Fan

[QUOTE=FLAME-XIII;1213380]music and video reminds me "Chris Isaak - Wicked Game"

This explains it.....around the 2:40 mark.

https://youtu.be/a0Ilvj8P7_8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2016, 01:47 PM
Price of posting

I like this song but after 3 great tracks to open the album I dont want a ballad there - 4th song should be Born Again Tomorrow - then bring it down a notch with a ballad.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 11-04-2016, 02:04 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
I like this song but after 3 great tracks to open the album I dont want a ballad there - 4th song should be Born Again Tomorrow - then bring it down a notch with a ballad.
Disagree, I think having the two most superficial shallow (yet catchy) anthems of the album (KO and BAT) one after another would be redundant. If anything, I wish BAT was a bit later for that reason. Perhaps I'd switch BAT with NYD as I believe NYD gets a bit lost in that spot.

Plus, such ballad placement not unusual - Living In Sin and Joey were 4th, while This Ain't A Love Song, Thank You For Loving Me, Welcome To Wherever You Are and Memory were 3th!
Old 11-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
Disagree, I think having the two most superficial shallow (yet catchy) anthems of the album (KO and BAT) one after another would be redundant. If anything, I wish BAT was a bit later for that reason. Perhaps I'd switch BAT with NYD as I believe NYD gets a bit lost in that spot.

Plus, such ballad placement not unusual - Living In Sin and Joey were 4th, while This Ain't A Love Song, Thank You For Loving Me, Welcome To Wherever You Are and Memory were 3th!
Yeah i was going to add that Jovi do tend to do slow songs as 3rd and 4th choice so it was no surprise.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 12-05-2016, 11:25 AM
Runaway

I don´t like that song at all. It´s too cheesy. He reduces a relationship just on sex. Disgusting! Parts of the melody are also stolen. I was so disappointed when I first listened

Es ist schwer Affen davon zu überzeugen, dass Erdbeeren süßer sind als Bananen!