View Single Post

Old 04-17-2021, 04:42 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
You can't really say "It's that simple" but also

".....Blood In The Water should have been the muscles behind it.

AND

"just write a fun catchy album that I can drive down the shore to"

Those are two polar opposite opinions. What do you mean? BITW is the definition of song you don't want.
I'm talking about 2 different albums. Original and Revised.

However, Blood In The Water is a great song and I do wish Jon never stated that the Storm he's referring to is Stormy Daniel's because until he said that, they weren't obvious lyrics and that's what makes the song great...Also, the way the song is structured and crafted is just so old school Bon Jovi. This one is the exception and gets a free pass.

The original 2020 could have been a great album if he just left it as is... Luv Can and Shine are very good songs and he pulled them off because they weren't "topical". He shouldn't have changed any of the lyrics to other songs either. Just left them as is.

American Reckoning should have been a non album track and not used to promote the album... The Jon only version of Do What You Can sounds like it was recorded in his home studio and the production doesn't match the album... After 911, Jon released American The Beautiful and these songs (eventhough original) remind me of that. They are charity raisers and break the vibe of the album.

So yes, last summer I drove back and forth from the shore listening to American Reckoning and Do What You Can (although upbeat, it's a fukcing drag).

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rdkopper; 04-17-2021 at 04:45 AM..