View Single Post

Old 04-18-2021, 04:34 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicanio View Post
Yes but if you like an album you are more inclined to buy it
No disagreements there but the ability to get albums free streaming has done a number on the music industry in general. Yeah, a percentage of people purchase if they like the album but I know I'm guilty of downloading albums I absolutely loved and didn't pay for and would wager to say that's most people.

I don't think we're saying the only reason it failed is because it's marketing was poor. More saying the quality of the album had little to do with it failing. The band is so uncool and irreverent. They're one of those bands where it doesn't really matter what they put out, it'll get ignored. Putting out by the number shlock like Limitless....they took zero chances and went with a live your life song.

When was the last song that got any "real" attention? I'd wager Make a Memory. That's 14 years of failed attempts. The majority of us have our opinions but some of the albums were well received here, yet they all failed to the general public. You get what I'm saying here? Bon Jovi are pure nostalgia concerts and the second it's about the new stuff people don't seem to care but that doesn't mean the quality isn't there.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 04-18-2021 at 04:38 AM..