View Single Post

Old 05-07-2021, 11:10 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The rare songs lasted like 3 shows not because Jon got bored but because the audience did.
I've seen plenty of people make this argument but it's absolute nonsense.

The rare songs were replaced by other stuff that same audience absolutely cared a lot less for. The rare songs were placed after Born To Be My Baby. What songs were then played there instead? Lost Highway, Whole Lot Of Leavin', When We Were Beautiful...

I've seen the band play those songs at nearly every show I visited in North America and never, ever were they met with great approval. Meanwhile, Raise Your Hands is always universally liked. Are you saying something like Get Ready couldn't get the same response would Jon actually bother to put in the effort he puts into trying to convince people Work for the Working Man is a great song?

The first 10 songs of a show have always been songs Jon can easily make it through. He doesn't have to think and can pretty much sleepwalk through the first hour. This changed with the addition of stuff he had to relearn how to sing and perform. Suddenly there were these new songs he played for everyone but him. And Jon Bon Jovi rarely plays songs for anyone but him, so they had to go.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 05-07-2021 at 11:19 AM..