View Single Post

Old 05-07-2021, 01:01 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

I've seen plenty of people make this argument but it's absolute nonsense.

The rare songs were replaced by other stuff that same audience absolutely cared a lot less for. The rare songs were placed after Born To Be My Baby. What songs were then played there instead? Lost Highway, Whole Lot Of Leavin', When We Were Beautiful...

I've seen the band play those songs at nearly every show I visited in North America and never, ever were they met with great approval. Meanwhile, Raise Your Hands is always universally liked. Are you saying something like Get Ready couldn't get the same response would Jon actually bother to put in the effort he puts into trying to convince people Work for the Working Man is a great song?

The first 10 songs of a show have always been songs Jon can easily make it through. He doesn't have to think and can pretty much sleepwalk through the first hour. This changed with the addition of stuff he had to relearn how to sing and perform. Suddenly there were these new songs he played for everyone but him. And Jon Bon Jovi rarely plays songs for anyone but him, so they had to go.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I sort of agree but don't. Get Ready would do wonders for the band, I've always thought that one should be one of the second or tier songs that replaced a non-hit. But that's not really what my argument was. A song here or there has no problem, it's loading the setlist for that tour with THAT MANY unknown songs. Like, taking Seattle, second show of the tour:

Album cuts:
Blood on Blood
Roulette
Shot Through the Heart
Homebound Train
When We Were Beautiful
We Got It Goin' On

Singles but not hits:
We Weren't Born to Follow
Lost Highway
Something for the Pain
Someday I'll Be Saturday Night

Hits:
You Give Love a Bad Name
Born to Be My Baby
It's My Life
Bed of Roses
Bad Medicine
Who Says You Can't Go Home
Wanted Dead or Alive
Livin' on a Prayer

New Album Cuts:
Superman Tonight
Work for the Working Man
Love's the Only Rule
Thorn in My Side

Covers:
Hallelujah

That's 8 songs you can almost guarantee people will go nuts for out of 23. With a few less album cuts no one cares about to give the band a chance to work the songs from the 80s I think they could have done it but they pulled the plug way too early and it's disappointing.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 05-07-2021 at 02:37 PM..