View Single Post

Old 05-07-2021, 02:33 PM
Keep the Faith

All this chat re past concerts made me have a wee listen back to previous tours on youtube while cooking the dinner. Funny, last night, Manchester 2003 during the Bounce era. Not saying it was brilliant or pathetic etc (I was at the Hyde Park show a few days later) but I had never heard the Manchester gig before and it was great listening away, not knowing the set etc. Literally stopped cooking when the likes of Undivided, The Distance etc came on, just looking back at how they really rocked, Richie playing etc, great crowd noise is actually fun. I don't know if the person who keeps putting these shows on youtube is on here but it is a great job.

Then, i saw the Phil X fan club posted a 10 year thing about Phil being in BJ with various clips of him playing and singing and I had forgotten Jon had let him sing the likes of AC/DC etc down under during the tour, and it was brill, fresh, rocky, crowd loved it and it got me thinking, I'd much prefer to hear Phil do that a few times in a show to a rockier cover than listen to WLOL or WWBTF over an over again. If Jon wont play rarities any more, then let Phil and the band loose on a few covers!