View Single Post

Old 05-11-2021, 03:28 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
That Yokohama show was in 2003
But it's like in 1996 where the TV broadcast gets hyped while it actually was the band's off night and the other nights were much better.

Watching back that Tokyo gig, it may appear good by today's standards, but the It's My Life performance can put one to sleep.
Their Rock in Rio broadcasts in 2008 and 2010 were much more exciting in my opinion.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
Yes, it might not have been the best night of the tour, but still I think there are some really good performances in it. A very good SIBSN, probably the best TRSMLT performance I've ever seen (maybe due to the backing vocals being more noticeable in the chorus), a very good AOD, and so on.

But yes, IBTF for example was as dull as it has been for the last few years, and I admit there were times when Jon looked like he's on auto pilot, only to look like he's really in it a few moments later. Really strange when you think about it.

You're right though that the show shines compared to recent years, and probably because the sound and mix and the overall quality is superb.